We're Hiring Radiation Therapists
Join the Mobile Skin Solutions Team
Benefits of Joining the Mobile Skin Solutions Team
What we do with the Mobile Skin Solutions Mobile SRT Clinic
Radiation Therapist Job Description
Mobile Skin Solutions is proud to offer a position for a self-motivated, patient centered, Radiation Therapist for our Mobile Van, treating patients in Los Alamitos and neighboring senior communities. The role is a dermatology setting, administering superficial radio therapy to treat non-melanoma skin cancer and Keloids in accordance with prescriptions and instructions from supervising physician. Experience using Superficial Radio Therapy is preferred. Available roles are for full-time, 30-40 hours per week.
- Administer prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards
- Position patients for treatment with accuracy according to prescription.
- Enter data into computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Maintain records, reports and files as required, including such information as radiation dosages, equipment settings and patients’ reactions.
- Review prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification.
- Conduct most treatment sessions independently, in accordance with the long-term treatment plan and under the general direction of the patient’s physician.
- Check radiation therapy equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Observe and reassure patients during treatment and report unusual reactions to physician.
- Check for side effects such as skin irritation and hair loss to assess patients’ reaction to treatment.
- Educate, prepare, and reassure patients and their families by answering questions, providing physical assistance, and reinforcing physicians’ advice regarding treatment reactions and post-treatment care.
- Calculate actual treatment dosages delivered during each session.
- Prepare and construct equipment, such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices.
- Photograph treated area of patient.
- Help physician to prepare physical and technical aspects of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient condition and anatomy.
- Implement appropriate follow-up care plans.
Mobile Skin Solutions is a Mobile office with a California Department of Public Health, certified and approved radiation device inside. Radiation therapists must follow safety procedures to make sure that they are not exposed to a potentially harmful amount of radiation. Therapists stand outside a lead-lined room while the patient undergoes radiation procedures inside.
- Licensed in the state of California to perform job duties
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Preferred’
- COVID-19 Vaccinated
- Full-Time with option of PPO medical insurance benefits.
- $60.00 – $70.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Profit sharing
- Opportunity for growth
- Day shift
Our companies COVID-19 precautions are as follows cleaning and sanitation done daily and throughout the day, all staff are Vaccinated against COVID-19, patients and staff are required to wear masks. And we are a Mobile Clinic.
- Radiation therapy. SRT preferred: 1 year (Preferred)
- Radiation therapy license (Preferred)
- Location base in Los Alamitos.
- Drive mobile Mercedes Sprinter Van between Newport to the South Bay.
The Mobile Skin Solutions Medical Team is led by California licensed, Board Certified Internal Medicine and Skin Cancer Specialist, Dr. Susan Sleep. The Team also includes Kate Stults (Nurse Practitioner).
Submit your Resume
We look forward to talking to you about joining the Mobile Skin Solutions Team!
Please submit your resume via email to: [email protected]